It seems like each week we learn something new about Epilepsy and all the things we need to do for our Epilepsy Warrior.
The list of things to buy seems endless and it appears that there is no shortage on companies looking to make a buck on the real fears that we parents have regarding our child’s safety and general well being.
I am still doing my research and each day I find new things that we may need. This will be a running list of items that might be helpful. If you have any suggestions on what to add, please send me a message and I will try to add it to the post.
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER (and no one has paid me any money to speak to these items):
- Smart-Monitor we use the Premium version of this for our daughter while she is at school. We had to buy a Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 as she has a Samsung phone. This is also compatible with Apple devices. We had this worked into her Seizure Action Plan at school- the watch is designed to detect Tonic-Clonic seizures and will send a text with GPS coordinates to my husband, my bother, the school nurse, and myself. There are many companies out there that have similar features, it is all about preference.
- Breathe-zy Anti-suffocation Pillow I first found out about this pillow from the Epilepsy Foundation. You can order off of Amazon from the company directly. Shipping is steep but it is coming from the UK. They also have a mattress topper.
- Sam-i Monitor I don’t have this monitor but many parents have this monitor and I hear, overwhelmingly, how wonderful it is.
- Kasa Cameras– I have Kasa Cameras all over my house so that way if I am doing something in another room I can still keep an eye on my daughter. I bought the cameras off of Amazon and just downloaded the app. The app also has limited cloud storage for free or you can upgrade to a paid version, so far, the free app has been sufficient for my family’s needs.
- USDA Certified Organic CBD – this is the CBD we buy as through my research I feel that this company has full transparency and offers a truly great product for the money.
Do you have anything you would like to submit to this growing list? Send me a message and we may just add it to the list!